Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Change is Gonna Come!

Lately I have been reflecting on seasons and change and what is before us. We often just go day to day without really thinking of how our lives will change with a new child, or job, house, or move. I have always felt in my adult years that seasons fly by, but nothing like waking up and realizing that your baby is now a little girl or that I HAVE actually aged since college.

I look forward to Christmas in a whole new way this year. We will welcome a new baby boy (whose name we have not decided on..yikes!) in a world full of lights and Christmas cheer. I must say at first I was hoping that he would come earlier or maybe a little after the Holiday, but as I drive around town and ALREADY see Christmas lights up and hear holiday music being played in department stores BEFORE Thanksgiving, it makes me a little excited. I want to have that childlike anticipation for this season to celebrate the blessing the Lord is giving us. We never want to take it for granted or pretend it is anything short of a miracle.

Before we get to Christmas we have Thanksgiving in two weeks. I can say that I am so thankful for Family and Friends this season. We will be staying in Mpls for the first time in 12 years (for me at least, 10 for John). Since all family is out of state - we always find ourselves hitting the long road. This year we get to spend time with friends and also stay home (per doctor's orders) and enjoy the holiday together...and I am sure there will be football on too.

Change is coming...and I think I like it!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I really enjoyed your post, Dre. We have so much to be thankful and excited for during this season of our lives..and holiday season. Lova ya girl!
Sarah